Highgate Library, Chester Road, London N19, the first public library in St Pancras, was opened on 18th October 1906. It is now a Grade II listed building. The £4,000 to build it was given by Andrew Carnegie and Burdett Coutts and the Duke of Bedford provided the site.
The Friends of Highgate Library (FOHL) was set up in 1995 by local volunteers. It aims to protect, support and promote use of the library.
FOHL organises regular meetings with speakers, usually writers, and produces a regular newsletter for members.